Bloodhound Books launches inaugural cover design competition
Are you a budding designer looking for a opportunity to get your name out there?
Bloodhound Books is giving one talented designer a chance to have their work featured on one of Amazon's most highly-rated novels.
Saira Viola's brilliant crime satire Jukebox has been making waves, with it's sharp wit and imaginative prose, receiving plaudits from no less an authority then Benjamin Zephaniah who hailed her "twisted and beautiful imagination".
Bloodhound is today launching a competition to find a new cover befitting this punchy thriller. The winning entrant will be selected by Bloodhound's in-house design specialists and will become the new cover for Jukebox on both Kindle and paperback formats. They will receive a credit in the book and will feature prominently on our own website as well as via our social media channels.
The cover must be eye-catching enough to stand out as a thumbnail and needs to capture the book's gritty, urban undertones. If you've not read Jukebox already you really should and of course knowing the book inside out will give you the best chance of winning. But otherwise check out the official trailer below to give you a flavour.
All entires must be sent in Jpeg format to email@example.com by no later then midnight on Friday July 31st. We only need the front cover for now, as we can work with the winner to add the spine and back cover at a later date. The winner will be notified by email no later then 2 weeks after the closing date and the new cover will be live soon after.
Please see below for full terms and conditions.
- All images, designs, and photographs must be your original artwork or must be free from any copyright restrictions. Any entrants where this is in question will not be considered.
- Please remember if you’re using a photograph you have taken which has a person in it then that person must give written consent for their image to be used and this must be supplied to us. We can’t accept any covers without this.
- Entries must be received by midnight on Friday 31st July. Covers received after this date will not be considered.
- All entrants must submit their cover by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with contact details. Please use the subject line; Jukebox - cover design competition.
- All entrants must be over 16 and live in the UK.